Saturday 16 January 2016

Vienna

Hello again, 
Vienna is going to be short and sweet because as beautiful as the city was, I personally felt like nothing was so spectacular that I need to make sure everyone hears about. 
Firstly, I felt like Vienna was the closest city to Melbourne that I've been in thus far. The buildings and the bustling streets which doesn't scream 'historical site' are a home away from home. The architecture is more European, but other than that it reminded me of my beloved city in Australia. 
The only notable thing we did was go to St Stephenson's cathedral - though we had not meant to do that, we stumbled upon it by accident on our way to the Hard Rock Cafe. We took the elevator to the top and had a look at the city below. There were no real standouts in the skyline, but it was beautiful nonetheless. 
We also went to the last residence of Franz Ferdnand which was a stunning castle in Vienna near our hostel. The grounds were lovely, but I felt there would be more of lively feel had we visited during the summer. The hedges looked like they were out of an old English film where women go for a walk and sit to gossip, but there were no leaves on them so it left more for the imagination. 
If you aren't into old cathedrals and buildings, Vienna won't be the place for you. I preferred Salzburg because it had its own special touch as a city, but Austria still get a 10/10 for friendliness and liveability








No comments:

Post a Comment