Sunday 13 December 2015

Shinjuku gyoen

Hello again,
The new highlight of the past few days has been Shinjuku gyoen, which is a beautiful park that's like the botanical gardens. Entry costs 200¥ and it reminds me of Central Park in New York (not that I've been but judging from photos and location). It's like a peaceful piece of serenity in a country that doesn't stop moving. Some of the trees were bare, as with true winter weather, but some were bright red and yellow, as if we had stepped into autumn. There were kids screaming and playing in the open spaces even though it was a chilly, overcast day and it was filled with life. There was a lovely lake with a bridge and a pagoda overlooking it with carp swimming in the water. You could see the tall buildings peaking over the trees, reminding you that this was in the middle of one of Tokyo's buisest areas. 
I also had a nice lunch with Mala and my brother who has a day off work today. I also drank white wine sangria, which was surprisingly good. I don't drink that aften so it was honestly a nice change. Tomorrow is Asakusa which is tourist central but I can buy some gifts and have a look around. Henry has also planned a dinner with a few of his Japanese friends so I'm actually really excited to meet some new people. 
OH My week long quest to find these white Adidas has also ended today. The super lovely lady in Shibuya 109 had to leave the store to go to a different storeroom to get my size but she did it and I am forever grateful. It's been such a good week in Japan, still don't think I have enough time here but oh well. 2016 Japan anyone? 

Amy

P.S to the boyfriend knowingly reading this post, I love and miss you very much. 















No comments:

Post a Comment