Thursday 10 December 2015

Japan!

Hello there!
So now to catch up on the other two days in Tokyo. I'll just list the highlights and let the photos speak for themselves. 
Day 1:
Seeing my brother again after 10months was heartwarming. I forgot how comforting it was to be around him because no matter what, I'm always going to be that kid sister who knows nothing in his eyes. From there we went to Ginza for some quick shopping (damage was quite swift).
Dinner ended up in Harajuku, possibly my favourite part of Japan, at my favourite ramen place we discovered three years ago. Afterwards we had crepes from Takeshita street. Lots of bright lights and interesting clothing stores, Harajuku has to be the coolest and quirkiest place I've ever been to and somewhere I plan to visit again before I leave. 

Day 2:
So we returned to Ginza because a pair of pants I had purchased the day before did not fit. This has to be one of my proudest moments because even though I've studied Japanese for such a long time, actually being able to use it in real life makes me realise how far I've come. There's an incredible sense of satisfaction from accomplishing something so outside of your comfort zone. Now everytime I order something I feel the need to use Japanese, I mean after all I can speak it. 
After that we went to Shibuya for more shopping. Our feet ached by the end but I did manage to find some of my favourite stores like Loft and Forever 21. There was a pair of to die for Adidas shoes but I was a bit hesitatant to buy them. Maybe next time. I managed to capture some cool shots while sitting at Starbucks sipping on frappes. Quite an enjoyable day ending with some cheap food from the train station. 

Anyway that's the current update on Japan. In the next week there will be more tourist attractions (Tokyo Tower, Asakusa, Shinjuku gyoen) and then after that I'm off to my host family's for about 10days. Cue home cooked Japanese food, adorable Japanese children and many broken attempts to communicate 😂
















No comments:

Post a Comment