Thursday 23 June 2016

Melbourne winter

Welcome back, 
If you're reading this, I'm rather impressed you care about my life after three months of inactivity and radio silence. Yes, you've guessed it, uni got in the way. Again. If you're really curious at how life was going in those few months, I'll just say I was studying (surprise, surprise). I've set myself a goal and I've dropped everything to try and achieve it. I worked once a week, saw no one and never left uni earlier than 7pm for three weeks during the exam period. I'll keep you updated on whether I succeed in life or not, but apart from that, let's talk about some fashion. 
After a brief period of surprisingly warm weather, winter arrived in Melbourne with a deep chill. You know how we're known for having four seasons in one day? Right, well at the moment it's just cold. Maybe you get some sun every now and again, and I'll regret leaving my sunnies at home, but it's mostly grey skies and rain. The skyscrapers in the city cast a constant shadow over the CBD so it's like a permanent freezer. 
Normally I'd dress in pants (yes, my obsession with pants is still going strong), but for some reason I was feeling a little different today. I went with a white, corduroy skirt (shout out to Alyssa for donating said skirt to the blog) and sheer, black tights. Confession: I haven't bought new tights since last year, so all of them have giant ladders running up the entire length of my leg. This pair was basically the least noticeable, but if you look closely you can see it creeping up my thigh despite my best effort to hide it behind the other leg. Note to self: buy more tights. 
I was going to wear a simple cream sweater with this, but at the last minute I decided to change. Whenever I look at myself in the mirror, my outfit needs to click. I know that sounds insane, it's like me talking about love at first sight with a sweater, but I'm not even kidding. I will spend the whole time questioning my entire existence if it doesn't feel right (you can ask Jane, it happens). As for this sweater, it's one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe at the moment. I got it in Japan over the summer break and I was so obsessed with it, I went back to the store and bought a second one in grey. I need to rectify my obsession with off shoulder tops as it's so uncomfortable to wear under a coat, but I just cant. Maybe one day I'll get something a little more practical. 
Shoes are simple, heeled cut outs I got on sale recently from Novo. I've been seeing girls at uni with similar pairs all year and I just needed them in my life. The sunnies are Bailey Nelson and I know it doesn't look it, but I swear there was sun when I was driving.
My navy coat from Country Road also made an appearance (you can scroll into my past posts if you don't know what I'm talking about). It's still as beautiful as ever and keeps me warm when I want lighter items of clothing. I was so sad I couldn't take it to Europe (it's too heavy, it isn't waterproof and it just isn't a practical travel piece) so I'm glad to be reunited. 
I've added some brunch photos, because why not. If you're vegan or vegetarian I highly suggest The Glass Den in Coburg. I drove 45min to get there, but it was worth it. To the excellent waiter who was so friendly and kind to us, you made the experience so much more worth it. 
It feels good to be home, brunching in my never ending wardrobe again. Until next time pals, 
Amy.













Sweater: Japan | Skirt: Glassons | Tights: Asos | Sunglasses: Bailey Nelson 



No comments:

Post a Comment