Tuesday 12 July 2016

True Detective

Hey there, 
So I've gotten really bored about making up blog post titles, everything just seems pretty mundane and unoriginal. So instead, I'm going to title it things that I'd recommend to people. They could be anything, favourite books, TV shows I've watched recently or just things I'm generally into. 
To kick it off I've decided on the TV show I finished last night. True Detective has a otal of 8 episodes, each an hour long and absolutely brilliant. It's not like your average cop show where every episode is an open and shut case, it 8 episodes of the one chilling mystery and two excellent actors. To be honest, I didn't think Matthew McConaughey could be a good actor (I've only seen him in Fool's Gold, which probably explains it), but he was fantastic with Woody Harrelson. It gets creepy towards the end, but then again I'm a wuss and watched it at 1am. While I'm at it, I'll special mention Pokemon Go, but I'm sure everyones heard of that by now. Throwback to my childhood days battling my merciless brother with his level 100 party. 

Fashion-wise it's been a decent week. The weather has not been kind, however, and we've been hit with strong winds and lots of rainfall. I was going to wear a dress but the ominous grey skies said otherwise and I decided it wouldn't be the smartest decision. Instead, I've opted for a smart-casual look that's comfortable and stylish. I wouldn't say it's the warmest outfit I could have pulled together, but it's better than the dress I had in mind. 
I'm wearing brown culottes, which have started to gain more popularity recently. If you're not sure what they are, they're loose fitting pants that normally stop at your shins. The legs are really wide - they don't flare, but they're wide - and the comfortable fit makes it easy to accomplish just about anything while wearing them. I feel they make me look shorter sometimes, so I suggest trying a pair on to see if it suits you before you buy online or anything. 
I've just paired it with a simple white, button up shirt with 3/4 sleeves from Uniqlo which has been sitting in my wardrobe forever. The boots are from my last post, simple cut-out ankle boots. I'm convinced black ankle boots are a must have, they just appear in all my outfits and are a go to for everyday wear. 
To combat the cold, I opted for a simple leather jacket with a straight zip. I'm not a fan of those jackets with the zip that slants to the side, I just don't think it's practical or appealing. I had to do some hunting before I found one with a normal zip that looked good. Leather jackets are another wardrobe favourite, but I'll admit that they aren't very warm (well at least mine isn't), so unless I'm blog shooting I'll actually pick a black parker instead. A simple, warm black jacket just keeps out the cold and is still versatile enough that you'll be able to pair it with just about anything. 
That's it for today, wish it was something a bit more exciting but the weather has not been my friend. 
Until next time, 
Amy. 








Cullotes: WEGO (Japanese store) | Shirt: Uniqlo | Jacket: ASOS (brand: Hollister) | Boots: Novo 


No comments:

Post a Comment