Thursday 6 August 2015

Life is beautiful

Hello my lovelies,
Guess who came home?!?! Yes, my photographer, brunch buddy and best friend has finally returned after her month long adventure in the States. To say I’ve missed her is probably the understatement of the century. I almost forgot what it was like to sit across from someone and be able to say exactly what I was thinking without the consequential fear of offending someone. I almost forgot that feeling of ease when you sit across from someone you are completely comfortable with that silence no longer bothers you. Almost, but not quite, and I love that our lives picked up where they left off, as if nothing had ever changed.
For the first time in over a month, I put on an outfit and knew the person I was seeing was going to match me in style and elegance. This is a winter outfit that you should not wear on an overly cold day, which I definitely learnt the hard way. It’s a simple tight fitting black dress with a grey turtleneck knit over the top. Black dresses are versatile and comfortable and fit just about every occasion. By pairing it with a cropped sweater you can make them feel casual and add some warmth to your day. Mine is by ‘Staple the Label’, which does some fantastic pieces, and the knit is quite chunky but so comfortable and soft.
For shoes I went with my thigh high boots. I’m not a huge fan of pairing a black dress with black tights, it gets a bit overwhelming, so thigh high boots are great when you want to stay warm in a dress. They also add a little colour to this ensemble that it was otherwise lacking previously. Of course, my Country Road coat has now become a staple piece in my wardrobe and keeps me warm every time, so find yourself a coat that you’ll fall in love with and never let it go.

On a side note, there is a new life update: I am no longer single. Shocker. I know. I was doing so well being independent and apathetic to the world, but of course when I’m not looking for anyone life likes to hand me someone on a silver platter and I’d be an idiot not to notice. For the past year I’ve been working on myself and learning the beauty in being alone. People are overwhelming and painfully draining, and it’s taken a while for me to feel okay with letting someone else into my world again. However, let’s not get all cliché and sappy (because you’d be surprised by how adoring I can become), and just leave him as a mysterious entity that entered my life for the better.
So unless you haven’t noticed, I am adoring life, but until next time,
Amy.















No comments:

Post a Comment