Tuesday 8 December 2015

Tokyo Disneyland

Hello and welcome to my first travel post! 
Right now I'm taking a breather from Tokyo Disneyland as they give you pass outs if you'd like to leave. Tonight we're going back for the parade and fireworks so that'll be good. 
I've got a bit of a headache and I'm drinking Starbucks coffee that doesn't taste like coffee. Jane would disapprove but it's all they've got here. Beginning to miss Melbourne a little. In the next few days I'll do a compilation of the photos from the other two days (Shibuya, Ginza and Harajuku mostly) and write about my favourite parts but I haven't had a lot of time lately so this is just a quick post. I thought I'd write a small list of top things to do at Tokyo Disneyland seeing as it's my second time here and it's worth a mention (it's in no particular order by the way)
1. Try the caramel popcorn or even better, buy a character bucket. The popcorn is delicious and the character buckets are adorable. There's other flavours like curry and soy sauce if you're brave but caramel trumps all. In Disney Sea there are other flavours as well (I'm 90% sure I've tried an apple one but don't hold me to that)
2. Buy somethig novelty. I bought the classic Minnie Mouse ears this time round, but the variety is pretty insane so go crazy (but not too crazy)
3. Figure out your Fast Passes. I don't know how other Disneylands work but in Tokyo you can get Fast Passes to skip the lines which makes going on rides a million times easier. 
4. Disney castle picture is always a must
5. If you want to do it like real Japanese people, dress up in matching outfits with your best friend or boyfriend. It's popular like you wouldn't believe
6. Go on rides, obviously. Favourites would be Splash Mountain, the Indiana Jones ride and the Haunted House but rollercoasters are generally awesome. 
7. If you're lucky enough to catch some of the characters wandering around the park TAKE A PHOTO WITH THEM! They tend to be wandering around near the entrance for people on their way out, but be ready to push people out the way. 
8. Try some of the Disney food. You get a lot of cool shaped icecreams or lollies
9. Get off your phone and enjoy yourself. 

Also I dearly apologise for the off centre images. It won't let me center it on my phone (both on the app and on the actual webpage). So for all those viewing on a desktop I'm so sorry, it bugs me too but thanks for understanding. 

Lots of love, 
Amy










No comments:

Post a Comment